Inchcape Shipping Services (UK) being a fully owned subsidiary of the ISS Group, has had a presence in the UK for more than 150 years and is today one of the country’s leading independent port agency companies.
ISS has its own strategically positioned UK network, with the ability to provide a high quality service throughout the UK and Ireland. We serve a diverse sector of trades including: cruise, dry bulk, naval, ro-ro, tanker, general and project cargoes.
Sheerness Docks is a natural deep water open harbour without locks, situated at the confluence of the Rivers Thames and Medway. Originally established as a naval port, it has operated commercially since the early 1960s, specialising in Forest Product, Steel, Fresh Produce and Ro/Ro cargoes.
The port is located 50 miles by road from London on the north Kent coast and is linked by the dual carriageway A249, 10 miles from the M2 and 15 miles from the M20 motorways. ISS Sheerness covers all of the main ports on the River Medway, as well as the Kentish Ports of Dover and Ramsgate.
- UNCTAD Port Code: GB SHS
- Latitude: 51°26.8'N
- Longitude: 0°44.7'W
- Global agent with a well coordinated network of offices and sub agents
- Financially secure and stable
- Local knowledge and expertise
- Local Port information/Conditions
- Suggestions on alternate competitive ports
- Quality ISO9002 registered, audited by LRQA
- Consistent & Relevant reporting
- Single point of contact for multi-port business
- Stringent and prompt DA control and turnaround.