ISS Tokyo (covering all Japanese ports) has been attending ships in Japan for 160 years, originally under the Dodwell flag. Today, with the support of over 500 customers, we are handling between 3,500 to 4,000 port calls a year making us the largest agency in the country with a solid reputation for quality and reliability.
Ships and commodities range widely from LNG (representing seven LNG projects and spot) and oil tankers to dry bulkcarriers, cruise ships and project carriers.
Our operational features and benefits:
· Tokyo-based dedicated operations teams of dry bulk, cruise, LNG/tanker and Russia having special knowledge of commodities in their respective sectors.
· All operations staff in Tokyo are trained as boarding operations staff at port offices gaining full experience and knowledge of port agency services.
· All senior operations staff in each team are graduates from the Merchant Marine University.
· Own port offices in Yokohama, Osaka and Kobe (and Imabari for P&I).
· Rapid response to enquiries - always within 24 hours.
· 24/7 services – all operations staff are equipped with mobile/home computers
· Proactive port information with precise ship movements and prospects advised well in advance.
· Weekly congestion/line-up reports on dry bulk cargoes and berths for all vessels in Japanese ports.
· Efficient vessel operation by maintaining close supervision of terminal port agents to achieve quick dispatch of the vessel.
· Proactive minimising of port costs and time in port.
· Over 200 ports with over 200 terminal/port agents under control of ISS Tokyo office.
· Excellent contacts within Japan’s shipping industry including authorities and cargo suppliers and importers.
Our information services:
Japan LPG Port
- By CDs and booklet (port/berth and cargo)