Inchcape Shipping Services Malta was established in March 2012, providing full agency services throughout the Maltese Islands.
Malta is situated in the middle of the Mediterranean Sea (Lat. 35° 53' N, Long. 14° 31') close to many shipping lanes transiting the Med. Our offices are located in Qormi, in cental Malta, covering both the major ports of Valletta and Marsaxlokk in Malta and the smaller port of Mgarr in Gozo (a small island to the North of Malta)
The Port of Valletta is a natural deep water harbour under Valletta, the capital city of Malta. It is surrounded by many historical buildings and offers a variety of marine related services including:
- Cruise liner terminals (Valletta Cruise Port)
- Petroleum and bunker installations (Enemalta/ MOBC)
- Ship repairs (Palumbo Shipyards)
- Reception facilities (Ricasoli Tank Cleaning Farm)
- Grain and cement silos and other ship related services.
On the southern part of the Island, the Port of Marsxlokk also offers the following berthing facilities:
- Freeport Terminals (a leading Med hub for container terminals)
- Oil tanking (storage facilities for oil products)
- Enemalta (petroleum / gas/ oil terminals)
- San Lucian Oil Co Ltd (bunkering installation).
Over the past two decades the port has developed into a major maritime transhipment logistics centre for the Mediterranean region and is recognised by many global container carriers and oil traders.
Bunkering / anchorage areas
Malta has designated bunkering / waiting areas within a few miles of the shore, offering shelter for bunkering operations throughout the year.
Hurd Bank - OPL
Outside our 12 nautical mile territorial waters, there is also a Hurd Bank area which allows most ships to drop anchor and wait for orders, without having to pay any port charges and is often used for carrying out safe ship to ship transfer operations (petroleum/bulk cargoes).
Backed by years of experience in the local shipping industry, encompassing all vessel and cargo types, ISS Malta offers efficient services at competitive rates for a range of services including; crew changes, vessel repairs, containers, cargo handling, bunkering, ship to ship operations, cruise liners, husbandry matters and offshore services.