The Port of Pipavav is located in the Saurashtra Region of Gujarat, 140 km South West of Bhavnagar and 153 nautical miles North West of Mumbai, India (latitude: 23o 54' N, longitude: 71o 30' E).
The port’s strategic location provides immediate access to a rich hinterland and key markets in northwest India and offers a highly strategic location for developing and attracting cargo opportunities.
Pipavav port is India’s first private sector port, handling containers, bulk and liquid cargo. Its major supporter is APM Terminals and accounts for approximately 20% of the country’s export cargo including; agri-products, reefer cargo, minerals, handicrafts, fertiliser, textiles, coal and soda ash.
The port lies directly across from the Shial Bet and Savai Bet islands, which act as a natural breakwater and protects the port from all weather conditions. Pipavav port therefore offers a relatively calm harbour with wave heights less than 0.5m, round-the-clock navigation and a vessel acceptance draught of 12.5m.
· 350m of quay length for bulk and break-bulk cargo handling
· 725m of quay length for container handling
· 65m liquid cargo berth
· On-dock rail facility within port limits, with dedicated sidings to handle containers, bulk and break-bulk cargo
· Warehousing facilities
· Container freight station.
Inchcape Shipping Services Pipavav is controlled and co-ordinated by our central India office situated in Mumbai. ISS Shipping India Ltd, as part of the ISS global network, is committed to delivering a comprehensive range of quality-assured marine services to its clients across the industry. The services and solutions we offer are tailored to the individual needs of the client, whether a fully integrated global package, the handling of a local port call or the ad hoc delivery of a single spare part.
To reach the highest standards we depend on our people, their welfare, training and expertise. We foster strong ethical values and a team spirit that rewards commitment and initiative. By committing to excellence, accountability and transparency, ISS can best serve its valued customers efficiently and competitively.
We have an excellent relationship at all levels with public and private sectors of the shipping industry in India which includes; Naval Authorities, Port Authorities, Government Officials, Embassies, Classification Societies, Shippers and Receivers, Tug and Pilots Associations, Stevedores, Terminal Operators, Shipyards, Repairers and Suppliers.
Benefits of using ISS Pipavav:
· Globally recognised agent for marine/liner
· Operational and financial coordination via our head office in Mumbai - one point of contact
· Strategic location of office
· 24 x 7 operations
· Local knowledge and expertise of experienced personnel
· Quality conscious
· Diligent and professional service
· Proactive and consistent reporting
· Stringent and prompt DA control and turnaround
· Quality service at a competitive price.