Inchcape Shipping Services Guam handles over 200 ships per year, ranging from container, RORO, passenger, tanker and general cargo vessels.
To ensure efficient operations we have dedicated staff operating 24 hours a day, 365 days a year taking care of the different functions such as, crew/personnel movement, ships spares/stores, cargo handling and transportation. As such, they are able to ensure consistently smooth operations.
The specific crew handling and spares handling functions can be summarised as follows:
Crew / Personnel Movement
On-Signers – Arriving Guam
- Meet & Greet on arrival at Guam International Airport.
- Transfer to hotel as prior reservation for the required accommodation has been arranged.
- Or directly to Crew Boat landing area at the Naval Base.
- Transfer from hotel to Crew Boat landing area at Naval base.
Off-Signers – Leaving Guam
- Arrange flight reservations for departing crew/personnel.
- Arrange reservations for hotel accommodation if required.
- Meet & Greet crew at Crew Boat landing area at the Naval Base and transfer to hotel or directly to Guam International Airport as required.
In the event that any crew/personnel encounter any serious accident, injury or medical problems that require immediate attention, ISS Guam is able to arrange for emergency medical services:
- Ambulance to receive the crew/personnel concerned at Dock and transfer directly to the hospital.
- Indemnify the ambulance and hospital for payment on Principal’s behalf.
- Visit the patient at the hospital and keep vessel Captain and Principal informed with regular updates.
- Forward final invoices to the P & I Club’s local correspondence for verification if required.
Ships Spares and Stores
- Clear, receive and store ship spares and stores air-freighted into ISS Warehouse.
- Or deliver straight to the crew boat if vessel is in the vicinity.
- Liaise with the Captain, Chief Mate or Chief Engineer on delivery schedule to vessel.
- Inform Shipper after delivery.
- Receive stores and spares from local suppliers if any has been ordered by Chief Engineer or Chief Steward.
- Regularly update Captain and/or Department Head on items received.
Quality is central to Inchcape’s reputation for a professional and proactive approach to providing husbandry services to commercial and naval vessels. Inchcape takes the attitude that the company is only ever as good as the last vessel it served.
Inchcape is committed to striving for the highest level of customer satisfaction. For over a decade, Inchcape Shipping Services has had a formal Quality Assurance process in place; and we are certified as ISO 9001:2000 by Lloyd’s Register Quality Assurance (LRQA) for:
“The Provision of Port Agency; Offshore Launch and Ship Agency Services to Commercial and Naval Vessels”
Inchcape is the first and only ship agency company to achieve Global Quality Assurance Certification in all its business units across all seven continents. It is customer-oriented and has been developed through a core set of principles acting as a common foundation for standards relating to quality management which are as follows:
- Customer Focus
- The involvement of people in an organisation
- A process approach
- A system approach to management
- A factual approach to decision making
- A mutually beneficial supplier relationship.