Our Penang office is located at Pengkalan Weld which is within walking distance of Swettenham Pier and about 45 minuts to Butterworth wharves.
Penang Port is accessible via the North Channel and South Channel. The North Channel approach has a depth of 10.7 metres A.C.D. Access through the South Channel is restricted to vessels with a draft of 5.8 metres A.C.D. and less, and an air-draft not exceeding 28 metres due to Penang Bridge.
- Full agency services
- Crew handling and accommodation facilities
- Assistance with customs formalities
- Port entry/exit permits for personnel and goods
- Garbage collection
- Cash to Master
- OPL coordination for spares
Penang Island, the Pearl of the Orient, is known to the world as a beautiful, exotic holiday destination. She was Pulau Pinang – a virgin paradise that got her name from the abundance of betel nut palms scattered across her soft, sandy beaches.
You can either cross the channel via the iconic Penang Bridge or by the ferry. Soon visitors will have the option of using the new Second Penang Bridge which is expected to be completed in 2011. On 7 July 2008 the city of George Town in Penang was inscribed into UNESCO World Cultural Herritage.
Lumut Port is covered by the Penang team and is located on the west coast of the Malaysian Peninsular in the State of Perak, directly off the Straits of Malacca.
The port is strategically located for the transhipment of liquid bulk and dry bulk cargoes to serve intertrade movement within South-East Asia, and between the India Subcontinent, Middle East, Atlantic Basin, China and Australia/Pacific regions
Lumut Marine Terminal (LMT) is located at latitude 4° 15.3 mins North, longtitude 100° 39.6 mins East. It is a Malaysian Customs Gazetted Port designed to accommodate vessels up to 35,000 DWT, with 10 meters and 12 meters water depth alongside the berths.
THE LMT OFFERS:-
- Sheltered harbour
- Total integrated services available inclusive of tuggage, pilotage, berthing, stevedorage, cargo handling, storage and ancillary services
- Draft along side of 10 to 12 metres
- Designed to accommodate vessels of 35,000 tons DWT
- Linear berth of 480m with 30m of mooring dolphin
- Barge berth of 54m which can handle barges of up to 5,000 tons and can accommodate two barges at any one time
- Equipment - conveyors, grabs and hoppers cargo facilities
- Storage facilities include covered storage, open yard and reserve yards
- Cargoes handled are Liquid, dry, breakbulk, container and RO-RO
- 24 hours, 365 days operations
- Full scope of vessel services
- The terminal is International Ship Port Security code compliant.
- For navigation access, please refer to Admirality Chart nos. BA792 and MAL5416