ISS Portland, ME is the largest agency in the state of Maine. A dominant agency since it originated in 1991, Portland Steamship was acquired by Inchcape Shipping in 2006. Having made a reputable name for itself in Portland, Portland Steamship brought on knowledgeable agents with strong ties to the port of Portland who pride themselves on their commitment.
ISS Portland, ME office is located in the heart of the waterfront, with quick and easy access to all terminals and berths served. We are a unique port in that Portland, ME is very small yet we average 19 ships per month. This includes the ports of Searsport and Portsmouth, NH.
Understanding the needs and requirements of our principals, we are a committed, 24 hour, 7 day office which provides all relevant information in a timely matter.
Although the majority of vessels we look after are crude oil tankers, we also act as agents for product carriers. Day to day operations and services include:
· Keep in constant communication with local Pilots, Tugs, Chandlers, line handlers
· Provide any services required by vessel including crew changes, bunkering, transportation etc.
· Work closely with local US Coast Guard and US CBP offices to ensure smooth entries and departures of vessels
· Ensure DA ‘s are processed in a timely manner
· Provide local port and traffic information
· Local extensive knowledge of the port