Saipan is the largest island of the United States Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands (CNMI), which is a chain of 15 tropical islands in the western Pacific Ocean. The western side of the island is lined with sandy beaches and an offshore coral reef which creates a large lagoon. The eastern shore is composed primarily of rugged rocky cliffs and a reef.
Inchcape Shipping Services Saipan is located in the Commonwealth Ports Authority building in the Commercial Port of Saipan. We have dedicated staff operating 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, taking care of our diverse activities and servicing our clients in the; oil, navy and defence, offshore, passenger, container and fishing commodity sectors.
ISS Saipan recognises that a ship’s readiness requires a close co-ordination of operational schedules combined with strict compliance to windows of opportunity during a port visit, in order to integrate the logistics of personnel, material and maintenance requirements.
We have vast experience in handling the movement of crew and personnel, ships spares and stores, as well as various types of emergencies involving crew/personnel and spares/stores support and assistance, which we can provide as follows:
Crew / personnel movements
- Meet & greet on arrival at Saipan International Airport
- Hotel transfers
- Crew boat transfers.
- Arrange flight reservations for departing crew/personnel
- Arrange reservations for hotel accommodation if required
- Meet & greet crew at crew boat (Charlie Dock) and transfer to hotel / Saipan International Airport as required.
In the event that any crew or personnel encounter any serious accident, injury or medical problems requiring immediate attention, ISS can arrange the following emergency medical services:
- Ambulance to receive concerned crew/personnel at Charlie Dock and directly transfer to the hospital
- Indemnify the ambulance and hospital for payment on behalf of the Principal
- Visit the patient at the hospital and keep the vessel’s Captain and Principal informed with regular updates
- Forward final invoices to the P&I Club’s local correspondent for verification if required.
Ships spares and stores
- Clear, receive and store ship spares and stores
- Delivery to the crew boat if vessel is in the vicinity
- Liaise with the Captain / Chief Mate / Chief Engineer on delivery schedule
- Inform shipper after delivery
- Receive stores and spares from local suppliers if ordered by Chief Engineer / Chief Steward
- Regularly update Captain / Department Head on received items.
Our highly-trained personnel are committed to providing a superior level of performance that conforms to our customer’s requirements. As an ISO accredited company, you can be assured that our quality system is always implemented and routinely reviewed to exceed your expectations.